WHAT IS KOMBUCHA?
Kombucha is a lightly effervescent, fermented tea, known as an elixir of youth for its health aid properties. The drink is over 2,000 years old, and has been passed around the globe from culture to culture.
Kombucha is 100% natural and full of probiotics, B Vitamins, Vitamin C, enzymes and organic amino acids.
Our kombucha is made from 4 simple ingredients:
- Aloulou, A., Hamdem, K., Ali, M.B., Hargafi, K., Jaouadi, B., Ayadi, F., & Ammar, E. (2012). BBC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 12-63.
- Battikh, H, Chaieb, K., Bakhrouf, A., & Ammar, E. (2012). Antibacterial and antifungal activities of black and green kombucha tea. Journal of Food Biochemistry, 37, 2, 231-236.
- Bellassaoued, K. Ghrab, F., Makni-Ayadi, F., Van Pelt, J., Elfeki, A., & Ammar, E. (2015). Protective effect of kombucha on rats fed a hypercholesterolemic diet is mediated by its antioxidant activity. Pharmaceutical Biology, 53(11), 1699-709.
- Murugesan, G., Sathishkumar, M., Jayabalan, R., Binupriya, A. R., Swaminathan, K. & Yun, S. E. (2009). Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology, 19(4), 397-402.
- Serafini, M., Ghiselli, A., & Ferro-Luzzi, A. (1996). In vivo antioxidant effect of green and black tea in man. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 50(1):28-32.